Saturday, July 23, 2011

Spanish pie, yummy yummy!

Its the weekend so I removed my software development hat and I put on my chefs hat. I love to prepare meals for the people I care about and now I am going to share one of my favorite recipes, Spanish pie:
For this meal I use:

  • White wheat flour (1 cup)
  • Corn flour (1 cup)
  • Fresh yeast (25 grams)
  • Warm water (for the yeast to rise)
  •  Yogurt (2 cups)
  • Spinach (1/2 a kilo)
  • White cows cheese (300 grams)
  • Oil (1/2 a cup)
  • Salt (1 small spoon)
  • Sugar (1 large spoon)
The most important thing about this recipe is to bring all the products to room temperature before preparation. This means take everything out of the fridge at least 2 hours before starting the meal.
First chop the spinach into peaces and put it under hot water. The water will soften the spinach so it will be easier to put it in the mixture later on. Leave the chopped spinach to dry and put the yeast to rise. For best results mix the yeast with warm but not hot water, salt and sugar and leave it in a lidded pot for 20-30 minutes.
In the meantime grate the cheese or chop it into small cubes depending on personal preferences. I love large chunks of cheese in the pie so I prefer to chop it. If you like you can also put chopped mushrooms or chopped smoked  ham according to taste. Split the whites from the yolks and beat them separately with a hand mixer. Beat until the whites form thick white foam like structure and the yolks form creamy structure. At the end add in the yolks into the whites and mix everything together.
When the yeast has risen, start preparing the dough by mixing in the flours together in a large bowl. Add the yeast and stir in. Put the yogurt and the oil in the dough and stir again. Remember everything needs to be stirred in well for this recipe to work! Finally add the beaten eggs, the spinach and the cheese. Stir again.
When the mixture is evened, put it into a pan and bake 40 minutes on 180 degrees Celsius in a preheated oven. I use a round pan with a 40 centimeter diameter for best results.
After the pie is baked leave it 20 minutes to cool and then serve with cream cheese or even better with tzatziki salad.
Bon appetit, and I hope you enjoy the meal as much as I do.   

4 comments:

  1. OMG Dragan you should run your own restaurant! This is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pie is tasted and its wonderful:) You should try to make it for yourself, or someone else to make it for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr. Dragan, put some other recepies pls:)or you better open another blog page for kitchen:)

    ReplyDelete

Your Ad Here